Choosing an IVF clinic and consultant
When we first set out to choose an IVF clinic, we knew nothing at all about it. I was also impatient to crack on and didn’t feel like embarking on a big piece of research. Luckily for us, we ended up with a good clinic and a talented consultant.
If, like me, you don’t fancy joining the beauty parade of clinic open daysor burrowing into the online forums, I can help you with:
- London clinics: first hand experience (both mine and that of my trusted network of friends who have been through IVF)
- Non-UK clinics: first hand experience of Irish, Cypriot and Spanish clinics.
- Consultants: I can help you find the gentle type, the no-nonsense type, the great female consultant – and tell you who to avoid.
- Costs: where to spend and where to save from the many treatment options available.
- How the IVF process works and what it feels like to be part of it.
- IVF medication: the good, the bad and the bearable.
- Pre-implantation genetic testing (also known as PGT-A or PGS) and other genetic testing options – all of which can vastly reduce your miscarriage rate